How much do you know about the judiciary of Virginia?
Take our Trivia Quiz & find out!
1. Which court is the lowest of the Virginia court system, and is the court that most Virginians have contact with?
A. Virginia General District Court (GDC)
B. Virginia Circuit Courts C. Court of Appeals of Virginia
2. The Virginia Circuit Courts are the state trial courts of general jurisdiction. How many Circuit Courts are there in the state of Virginia?
3. The jurisdiction of the Virginia General District Court is generally limited to traffic cases and other misdemeanors, civil cases involving dollars amounts of under?
A. 5,000 B. 10,000
4. How many justices make up the Supreme Court of Virginia, the highest court in the Commonwealth of Virginia?
5. How long is the term of a justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia?
A. 12 years
B. 8 years C. lifetime