In last week’s post, we discussed Filing a Defense Base Act Claim and a few tips to help you along the way. Of course, the best advice we can offer is to hire a skilled Montagna Law attorney to lead you around the pitfalls and dangers inherent to many legal proceedings. If you haven’t already done so, contact us today for a free legal consultation. Don’t let the insurance company take advantage of you, stand up with Montagna Law and fight for your rights!
If you haven’t filed yet, let’s review a few key things to keep in mind:
1. Always report any injuries at work.
2. Gather contact info of anyone who may have witnessed the accident.
3. Gather all medical records and contact info for any doctors visited.
4. Be honest and upfront with doctors.
5. Don’t agree to be recorded, and don’t sign ANYTHING.
6. Call Montagna Law immediately.
So, you’ve completed all six steps above, but your claim was still denied. There are a few common reasons for DBA claims to be rejected:
1. Missed deadlines – Hiring an Montagna Law attorney will help you stay on top of the many timelines associated with court cases.
2. Insufficient evidence – Despite your best efforts, sometimes it comes down to a question of resources. A large insurance company can and will go to great lengths to avoid paying you what you deserve, but our attorneys will work just as hard to prove your case.
3. Unfortunately, many cases are denied for no real reason – an overworked clerk in an office with a towering stack of paperwork knows that nobody will look twice at a denial. It’s not fair, it’s not right, but it’s true. Because of the frequency of this sort of behavior, we cannot stress enough the importance of hiring a Montagna Law attorney to manage your case.
Contact a Montagna Law DBA attorney today, and let us help you get the compensation you deserve.
Jon Montagna received a Bachelor of Arts in Literature from American University in Washington D.C. and graduated Cum Laude from the University of Miami School of Law in 1999. Jon practices law in the Hampton Roads Virginia area.